dimanche 4 novembre 2012

The Cemetery At Haskovo (Le cimetière de Haskovo) - en anglais



The Cemetery At Haskovo

To all the souls sleeping in sweet peace

Cemetery, I love your elegant silence,
I love the autumn day
Which instils its generous essence in you.

I fall to my knees
To admire at length, silently, carefully, deeply moved,
The light that flows from your crosses
And the glow of the box
Whose fire grows green on every tomb.

I love you, my dead companions,
I love the divine grief that floats all around
Your elegiac dwelling places
Before it becomes a source of pure happiness!

Truly, it’s here,
At the heart of the last small living flowers
That I feel the pulse of the angels’ quickening compassion
For the present population
Not the earth but of our burning breasts!

The scales of the hours bow calmly
Towards the orange waters of the dusk,
The sky is of a gentler, more poignant timbre.
Old forgotten words,
Mornings, evenings, gestures
Come to revive the transparent solitude
Of my soul.

My dead companions, tireless pilgrims
Of my memories,
I know, my dear dead friends,
That the winds have no home!

Translated from the French of Athanase vantchev de Thracy by Norton Hodges
November 201

Aucun commentaire: