lundi 23 février 2009

The Monarchomach Theory (en anglais)

My friend, the eminent English poet Norton Hodges translated my poem "Monarchomaque". Thank you, dear Norton!

The Monarchomach Theory

to George Buchanan (1506-1582)

'Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God'

Luke 6:20

I hate the tyranny of today's philosopher kings,
their morbid insolence, their perverse self-confidence,
their devilish catchphrases, their despotic trade
in those who dare to sing eternity!

Sick inquisitors, I abhor your theories,
your satanic tirades against the divine Christ,
I refuse to let your unnatural practices sully the Edenic
joy of my poems, the faith that flows from my pen!

Author's Note: I love Jesus Christ and nothing in the world can tarnish my faith in Him. Materialist philosophers, the real monarchs of contemporary thought, have taken it as their right to hound all those who exalt the Christian faith in an unprecedented witch hunt. I hate these tyrants with all my heart, soul and spirit.

translated from the French of Athanase Vantchev de Thracy by Norton Hodges

Aucun commentaire: