samedi 27 juin 2009

Five O'Clock In The Morning

Mon Ami, le grand poète britannique Norton Hodges, a traduit mon poème "Il est 5 heures du matin" en anglais. Je le remercie de tout coeur.

Five O'Clock In The Morning

for my beloved brother Michel

Five o'clock in the morning, dear brother,
and all's well:
I dreamed of flowers,
many many flowers.

I dreamed of you too,
my brother, of you telling me:
After all the love I gave,
I'm still alone,
alone beyond even solitude itself.'

O dear brother,
don't you know,
that what you give
becomes a rose in the heart of another.

For, in every heart
is a silent garden,
a path leading to eternal life!
a world where souls
which love God live
in inextinguishable light.

It's five o'clock in the morning, my dear brother,
and all's well!
Soon night will be swooning
in the arms of dawn!

Translated from the French of Athanase Vantchev de Thracy by Norton Hodges

27.06.09.

Aucun commentaire: